You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose – Dr Seuss
It is so important to keep yourself motivated but occasionally you can become stuck in rut and that is when you feel unmotivated and like you too can’t do anything. Motivation is something I struggle with and if I do lose it, it can be hard to get back and I end up regretting it and feeling like I’ve wasted time. I have created a list of my 5 go to ways to become more motivated. These things get my brain going and really do work for me.
So let me know if these work for you too or if you have your own ways to become more motivated.
- Listen to music – Making a playlist of my favourite songs helps get my brain going. I have created a playlist on a music app of motivational songs so I can just turn it on and after a few songs I feel 100% ready for the day.
- Watch YouTube – This one might come as a bit of a surprise but I have a handful of YouTubers that I watch and I instantly feel more motivated. 3 of my favourites are Fashion Mumbler, Sophie Shohet and Lydia Elise Millen.
- Remember how far I’ve come – I do this by looking back on my blog and social media. I never thought I would be in this position so remembering how much I have achieved allows me to focus on my newest goals.
- Focus on goals – Re-evaluating my goals and making new ones. Setting new goals and dreams reminds me to keep going. Once I have achieved a goal it can become something to remember to increase my motivation.
- Look at my family – The most important. I don’t blog to pay bills. I do it because I love it and my family benefit. I watch my kids, see how happy they are and I think about all the amazing experiences they have had because I’m The Coastal Mummy!