There are so many gorgeous beaches in the UK to choose from so I thought it would be a good idea to create a list of ones that you should definitely visit! With help from some amazing UK parenting blogger, you will have amazing beach days!
We are based in Norfolk so we have a huge range of beaches to choose from but we will always have our favourites. Hunstanton is always a hit with the kids when we want a seaside day out. If we are looking to just go in to the sea and have a quiet visit then Burnham Overy Staithe is amazing and if you wanting golden sand then there is a walk, it is long but 100% worth it, down to Scolt Head which is the most beautiful beach!
Here are some other amazing beaches in the UK:
- We love visiting Great Yarmouth. The sand is beautiful and the pleasure beach and joy land have enough for the kids. It’s a huge hit for us. The fish and chips taste scrumptious here too! – Blossom Education
- We absolutely loved Wells next the sea in Norfolk! Beautiful sandy beach, pretty beach huts and yummy ice creams too.. what more could you want? – Emily and Indiana
- Scarborough is my favourite place in the world. The South Bay has arcades, plenty of places for delicious food (recommend Welcome Inne) and a lovely long, flat beach. While the North Bay is quieter and probably my favourite! – Mum Full of Dreams
- Cromer has lovely views, great for walking and scootering along in all seasons. This really is a typical British seaside beach, vast stretches of golden sand and shingle clean and well maintained and with a pier too! – Thimble and Twig
- I absolutely love Hemmick beach in Cornwall. It has some amazing rock formations, great for rock pooling and surrounded by luscious countryside. It’s a little out the way too, so was really quiet when we visited last year. – Travel Vixta
- Frinton on sea is my favourite beach, it’s not for tourists as there’s no shops, no ice cream sellers, just one lovely beach. You can walk up the beach to Walton on the Naze if you fancy ice cream and chips but I love the beauty and less cramped beaches of Frinton – SarahLou Writes
- Portobello Beach – award winning beach in the suburbs of Edinburgh. – The Bear and The Fox
- Porth Dinllaen on the Llyn Peninsula, North Wales is stunning, with it’s own little village and pub on the beach. – Typical Mummy
- Greatstone Beach in Romney Marsh, Kent is fab! Lovely and sandy, never overcrowded, reasonably sized carpark, toilets, fish and chip shop opposite. For me it’s a better alternative to the more popular beaches nearby (like camber) – Travel Bugs
- Brancaster beach in Norfolk is my fave. We went as a child every summer and I take my boys back there now! – Mummy Zone
- Runswick Bay on the Yorkshire coast is a gorgeous quiet cove. – Team Stein
- Treaddur Bay on Anglesey is an amazing beach – with lovely golden sands and pebbles. – A Rose Tinted World
Where is your favourite beach?!