Thank you Cassie from Lily’s Little Learners for the tag.
We all have News Years resolutions but I am going to tell you my top 18 things for 2018. These are things I want to do and achieve throughout the year.
- Try and ignore what others say and do what I want – A lot of people say this is one of their resolutions. You should always do things that make you happy.
- Up my social media game – This year I want to have a serious go at making my social media better. By the end of the year, my goal is to double my followers and likes.
- Write more – Even if it never gets published.
- Get my voice out there – There’s so much I want to say and this year I will say it
- Keep on advocating – This on is pretty obvious, it is what I do and this year I will be doing it more than last
- Make more blogger friends – The bigger the support group the better
- Use my time wisely – Split my time so I’m spending time doing everything I love
- Make more memories – Last year I took so many photos and we did so much but in 2018 I want to fit in as much as I possibly can
- Climb Snowden when we go on holiday to Wales
- Get another tattoo
- Have more holidays and days out
- Drink more gin
- Eat less chocolate
- Make our garden perfect
- Finish my journalism diploma
- Stay focused and motivated
- Try something new
- Stop comparing myself, life and blog to other people
I tag Welsh Mum , Beauty, Bump and me , Kate on thin ice and Ethan and Evelyn to write about their 18 things in 2018.
*Insert embarrassing photo of me at school*
If you could go back and tell yourself one thing what would it be?
When I was in high school, I hated my English lessons. I felt like I was rubbish at writing and it didn’t cross my mind for even a second that I would ever be where I am now. Thinking back now I can’t believe I was one of them students that didn’t like English in school, where did things change? At what point did I switch and want to be a journalist and start my blog? It’s been 11 years since I started high school and the majority of those years I spent messing around in my lessons. It’s only been the last 18 months that writing has become a big part of my life.
To my younger self – You may think that you have everything planned out but in reality it wont work out that way, but that’s fine and everything will change for the better.
I wondered what other people would tell their younger self so I asked some fellow bloggers and here is what they said:
- ‘Follow your dreams. Don’t let anyone or anything hold you back. You got this!’ – Mummy of 5 Miracles
- ‘Those voices in your head that tell you you’re fat, ugly, stupid ect? You have the power to tell them to shut up. Do it. You will be so much happier and healthier for it. Now go eat something’ – Better Together Home
- ‘Be happy in who you are, stop wishing the time away. Make memories and enjoy every moment. Life goes by too quickly’ – My Mummy’s Pennies
- ‘Be free to be you, don’t worry about what others think’ – The Smallest of Things
- ‘University will be a massive waste of money. Trust more in your heart and don’t do things just because you are expected of you’ – North East Family Fun
- ‘Don’t spend that money on your hobby, save it for travelling – otherwise keep doing what your doing!’ – Broken Thoughts
- ‘Start saving money as early as you can. And don’t try to jump that fence. It won’t end well’ – Household Money Saving
- ‘Listen to your mum when she tells you those boys are no good for you…she was right!’ – Me, Him, the Dog and a Baby
- ‘Believe in yourself – you are much more capable than you think – also – travel more’ – The Sleep Thief’s Mummy
- ‘Don’t worry! It’ll all work out in the end, just enjoy the now.’ – Queen Bee Becca
- ‘You will finally get pregnant and have two wonderful children and everything will be good.’ – Yorkshire Wonders
- ‘Be careful who you trust, you never know who is going to use and abuse your trust for their own gains.’ – Mummy Cat Notes
- ‘Darling don’t forget to fall in love with your self first.’ – Peacocks Can Fly
- ‘Don’t be afraid to stand tall and follow your dreams regardless of what others think.’ – Mum of 2.5
- ‘Treasure your parents. Don’t take it for granted that they’ll be there until you’re old and grey yourself.’ – Twinderelmo
- ‘Don’t let anyone make you feel as though you aren’t good enough.’ – The SML Diet
- ‘Take more risks and live a little. You can do anything you set your mind to as you are way more capable than you think you are. You will also have a baby so don’t dwell too much on it.’ – Stressy Mama
- ‘You will go through a lot of agonising experiences in your time but you will come out of them stronger and with a gorgeous little family to go with . You’ll live your dream, I promise.’ – Mummy in the Madhouse
- ‘You’re much stronger than you ever thought, you are brave too…always listen to that little voice – it’s never let you down, just listen.’ – It’s Me and Ethan
- ‘Follow your dream, and don’t let people tell you it’s not the career for you. 15 years later I’m now doing that career and I wish I had pursued it earlier!’ – Family Fever
- ‘That 25 isn’t old, anymore than 49 is. Some people don’t deserve second chances and that you are so much stronger than you think you are. Listen to that voice in your head and believe it.’ – Over 40 and a mum to one
- ‘If someone is an arse, stop giving them a chance again to prove it.’ – Wave to Mummy
- ‘You make poor decisions with men, don’t talk to any until you are 25!’ – Accidental Hipster Mum
- ‘Don’t give up – always keep trying and you’ll get there in the end because you can do anything you really put your mind to.’ – Welsh Mum
- ‘That getting pregnant isn’t as easy as it’s made out to be!’ – Mother and 3 Sons
- ‘Before confronting a close friends, put yourself in their shoes or seek advice from a neutral party. This will hopefully avoid a lot of unnecessary arguments and maintain longer lasting friendships.’ – The Growing Mum
- ‘Whatever happens life still goes on and time is a great healer, even if it doesn’t feel like that at the time.’ – The Incidental Parent
- ‘To cherish every moment with family members as you just don’t know how long you will have with them.’ – Emma Reed
- ‘Don’t trust so easily and it will all be okay one day. I’d also tell myself to spend more time with my Dad before he died because those moments are still precious to me.’ – Kelly Allen Writer
There is nothing more motivating then reading your favourite quotes. I always find them helpful when i need a gentle nudge to start writing again. I was looking at quotes to post on my social media the other day and I had this idea for a blog post, a short list of all my favouite quotes to do with the amazing world of blogging!
- A blog is merely a tool that lets you do anything from change the world to share your shopping list – Unknown
- To blog is to share, to connect, to create and to inspire
- One small positive blog post in the morning can change your whole day
- Blog like no one is reading. Blog for yourself. Blog because you feel compelled to share things you’re passionate about and you will never run out of material.
- Blogging is not rocket science, it’s about being yourself and putting what you have in to it.
- Doing well with blogging is not about writing one key post, it is about performing day after day and helping a few people at a time – Aaron Wall, Author of The Seobook Blog
- Social media is not about one time hits. It’s about building a loyal following over time – Syed Balkhi
- When you feel like giving up. Remember why you started.
- A blog is not only a platform to express your thoughts but also a medium to touch, motivate and inspire millions of lives.
I was tagged in a blog post by Tini from Trinimamabebe
The post consisted of 9 questions that you have to ask your toddler then post their answers, so i asked Elsa and here is what she said:
Whats the best thing about being a toddler?
Watch bbs (Cbeebies) all time
What makes you laugh?
Tumble (as in Mr Tumble)
What do you love and why?
I don’t know
What’s your favourite book?
What’s your favourite food?
What’s your favourite song?
Beast (Beauty and the Beast soundtrack)
What’s your favourite programme?
Peppa (Peppa Pig)
What’s your favourite toy?
What’s your favourite thing to do?
I like singing Beast
I now have to tag 3 other bloggers and pass this tag along, the bloggers I am tagging are:
Natasha from Mummy and Mouse
Charlotte from Cups of Charlotte
Laura from Dot Makes 4
So this week my little ol’ blog has turned one! I can’t believe it has been a year already, it’s crazy how quickly time goes!
Continue reading “My blog one year on!”
Toddlers are always up to mischief and looking for the next funny thing to do. Some things may make you laugh and some things may make you cry. Continue reading “5 funny little things about Elsa”
You have to laugh have created a quiz for bloggers so we can all get to know each other a little better and also our lovely readers can find out some random facts about us! Continue reading “The You have to laugh blogger quiz?”