This September will be 4 years since I created this blog! I know, time goes so fast when you are having fun and a lot has changed. There are so many more people following my blog and social media so I thought it was time to write about myself so you get to know a little bit more!
So…Where do I begin?!
I started this blog in 2016! It feels like a lifetime ago! Blogging was never something that I thought would slowly turn in to a career for me but here we are. I never liked writing in school and I got a C in my GCSE so it wasn’t something I was passionate about it.
Random Facts about me:
- While at high school, I studied at Cambridge University with Time Team (You know, the show about digging!) TWICE!
- Also while at high school, I was in a Tinie Tempah video for O2. It was an incredible day!
- Oh and I went to see Russel Howard while at high school too!
- I went to college for 3 years and every year, I studied something different. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do so I ended up studying a lot of subjects.
- I once went through a stage of doing modelling.
- I hate spiders. Like, really really hate them!
- I had a baby every other year since 2015! So 2015, 2017 and 2019! It is safe to say, I won’t be having anymore!
- I have won awards for this blog! So far, I have won the Mencap Journalism Award in 2017, The Parent and Baby Show Awards in 2018 and in 2019 I was named one of Norfolk’s Most Inspirational Women and West Norfolk Champion!
- Every year I light up the local Town Hall for World Down Syndrome Day
That is enough of the completely random facts about me! So I started this blog to talk about being a mum and being a sibling to someone with Down Syndrome and it has kind of evolved with me. I write about all sorts and even though I take on sponsored work now, I will always want my blog to be true to me and be a place for me to speak my mind.
If you don’t know already, I am a mummy to 3! Elsa, Cleo and Brody! My pregnancies seem to get tougher with every one so 3 babies is enough for me! Jonny and I got married in 2015 and the church opposite where we now live and Elsa goes to the same school that I also went to! We love living on the West Norfolk coast and wouldn’t change it! Which is where I got my blog name from. We love the beach!
If there is anything else that you want to know then comment below and I will answer any questions that you have!