Dinner is our favourite meal as a family. It is the one time of the day that we are all together.
With Jonny working full-time and long days and me being at home with the kids, there is only Sundays where Jonny is at home in the day so we don’t have meals that often as a whole family.
Family time, such as dinner is a time for making memories and it is this time that brings us closer together.
Dinner to us is a time to catch up, relax and reflected on our day. It is a time away from work, stress and even technology. It’s family time. It is important and Elsa and Cleo love having a catch up with Daddy and tell him all their adventures. Elsa helps me cook from time to time too so it is bonding time for us and Elsa is always proud of the end result. Our favourite thing as a family to eat is Chicken. Pretty much anything with Chicken in it so it is must for us to have a good variety of meals that we know we can cook and that we love. With help from Uncle Ben’s and their Mexican rice I am going to show you how to make our special family sharing fajitas.
Here is our recipe;
Family Chicken Fajitas
– 8 Tortillas
– 4 Chicken Breast
– 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
For Veggie Mix
– 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
– 1 Large Red Onion
– 2 Red Peppers
– 2 Yellow Peppers
– 200g of Cherry Tomatos
Mayonnaise or Sour Cream for dressing
Rice – 2 packs of Uncle Ben’s Spicy Mexican Rice
1. Slice the chicken breasts in to thin strips. Put chicken in to a bowl with the olive oil and make sure that the thin strips are coated in the oil.
2. Chop the onions, peppers and tomatoes in to strips. Heat the 2 tbsps of olive oil in a pan for the veggie mix. Add the onions and cook for around 6 minutes on a high heat and once softened add in the red and yellow peppers.
3. Cook the peppers in the same way as the onions. Then finally add the chopped tomatoes. Don’t over cook the mix but allow the edges to crispen and burn slightly.
4. Heat a griddle pan or you could also use the same pan and cook your chicken on a high heat. Again, allowing the edges to catch but don’t over cook them. Always make sure that your chicken is completely cooked before serving.
5. Place veggie mix in a bowl with the cooked chicken. The heat up the tortillas on a griddle. While they heat up, place your Uncle Ben’s Spicy Mexican Rice in the microwave for 2 minutes.
6. Once the tortillas and rice are cooked and ready to serve. Put them on separate plates and place near your chicken and veggie mix.
7. For tasty tortillas, add veggie and chicken with sour cream or mayonnaise to the middle of the tortilla. Wrap it up and serve with the Spicy Uncle Ben’s Rice for an extra yummy flavour.
Serve deconstructed on a dining table so friends and family can help themselves and have fun creating their very own chicken fajitas.
Watch the Uncle Ben’s dinner brings us closer short film:
*This is an #AD for Uncle Ben’s and dinner brings us closer*
7 thoughts on “Dinner Brings Us Closer Together with Uncle Bens #AD”
Weekends are the only time we can share a meal together as a family too. I love fajitas!
Oh I love fajitas, such a good comfort food. I love this sachets of rice.
YUM! We have this dinner quite often and its a hit with everyone. Uncle Bens rices are the best! x
We love fajitas! And my husband loves this rice, I’m not a fan of spicy things so dip out of it lol
We’re obsessed with the special fried rice ones at the moment! I have it for a quick lunch at work as it takes minutes in the microwave but is so filling and tasty! x
Ok this made me hungry, it looks delicious.
Looks delicious!! 🙂 Nice blog! :))